Nizwa City Tour
Nizwa was the capital of Oman in the 6th and 7th centuries AD. With its deep connection to the root of Islam, Nizwa possesses a number of renowned mosques, such as Sultan Qaboos Jama (Friday mosque), So’al Mosque built in the 2nd century AH (9th century AD), Ash-Shawathinah Mosque in Uqr and Ash-Sharjah Mosque. There are also Al-Ain Mosque, Ash-Sheikh Mosque and Shuraij Mosque in Tanuf built in 377 AH (around 1000 AD).
In the early 1950s, the large round tower of the ancient fort built in the center of the town was bombed and rocketed by the British Royal Air Force, who were called in to assist the then-reigning Sultan Said bin Taymour in suppressing a revolt by leaders of the interior Imamate of Oman. The conflict was driven by a struggle for shares in Oman’s newly discovered oil wealth.
Nizwa has become a more modern city since 1970 under the reign of Sultan Qaboos. Improvements include connections to Muscat via a two-lane highway, which has increased tourism. Communications have been improved to include broadband access, and the city is home to a substantial hospital. It is also a hub for education including a Technical College, College of Applied Sciences.
IncludedNizwa City TourPersonal Guide
- PICK AND DROP FROM HOTEL
- EXPERIENCED OMANI GUIDE WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH
- 4WD TRANSFER.
- MINERAL WATER DURING THE TOUR
- ENTRANCE FEES TO THE TOURIST PLACES.
- AIR-CONDITIONED VEHICLE
- ALL MEALS
- HOTEL 4 star + camp
- ANYTHING NOT MENTIONED IN INCLUSIONS
- INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
- ~ 3 YEARS FREE OF CHARGE
- 4 ~ 11 YEARS 50% DISCOUNT
- 12+ PAY FULL PRICE AS PER ADULT
- IF YOUR SIGHTSEEING TOURS INCLUDE DOMESTIC FLIGHTS, TICKETS OR FERRY BOAT, AN EXTRA SUPPLEMENT FOR YOUR CHILD MAY APPLY.
- CHILDREN POLICY FOR 4 YEARS AND PULS, IS NOT APPLY FOR TOURS THAT REQUIRE TICKETS. EX: DOLPHIN WATCHING.